Ohio 4-H recognizes and rewards individual excellence, whether it is in project work, leadership, citizenship or community service. Ohio 4-H Scholarships were established in 1976 in order to help young people become self-directing, productive and contributing members of society. In addition to the scholarships listed below, individual counties may also offer county-based scholarships. Please check with your local extension office for a listing of county scholarships available. To qualify for the scholarships below you must fill out the college scholarship application by February 15.
Nationwide & Ohio Farm Bureau 4-H Center
614-247-8148 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Following is a brief description of Ohio 4-H scholarships available
Attend Any Accredited Post Secondary Institution
- All American Youth Horse Show Foundation 4-H Scholarship. Provides scholarships to Ohio high school seniors and current Ohio 4-H horse members enrolling at any accrediated Ohio post secondary institution in any course of study.
- Mary E. Border Ohio 4-H Scholarship. Income provides scholarships at the University or other accredited universities for incoming freshmen or undergraduates who were 4-H members or advisors.
- Farm Credit Services of Mid America. Provides scholarships to students studying agribusiness or economics.
Attend The Ohio State University - Any Major
- Dr. and Mrs. Vernon Glick Bolender, Jr. 4-H Scholarship. Income is used to provide an undergraduate need-based scholarship/s to a student who is a member of Ohio 4-H with preference given to those from Pickaway County, Ohio.
- George W. Broughton 4-H Scholarship. Provides schoalrships for current or former 4-H members who enrolled at OSU with first preference given to a student from Washington County, Ohio. Second preference is for students from Athens, Belmont, Gallia, Guernsey, Meigs, Monroe, Morgan, Muskingum, or Noble counties in Ohio.
- Ashley Brittany Calhoon 4-H Scholarship. Provides scholarships forstudents who have been active in 4H.
- William E. Goos Memorial Scholarship. Provides scholarships for students who are memebrs of 4-H. First preference is for Butler County.
- Pfeiffer, Miller, and Saunway Family 4-H Scholarship. Used to provide at least one undergraduate scholarship to a current or former 4-H member who had demonstrated excellence in community service, leadership and public speaking.
- The Vaughan Family 4-H Scholarship Fund. Provides support to an incoming first year student with preference to students with demonstrated need who have participated in 4-H in Crawford County.
Attend The Ohio State University College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences
- Ramona Alvarez & Butler County 4-H Scholarship. Undergraduate scholarship to an incoming freshman at The Ohio State University. Qualified candidates must be from Butler County & current or former 4-H members. First preference for female students.
- Bob Evans Farms Scholarship. Provides scholarships for entering freshmen in the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences.
- The Albert F. and Margaret E. Gehres 4-H Fund. Income supports scholarships for current or former 4-H members
- AB Graham Leaders of Tomorrow 4-H Scholarship. Provides at least one annual scholarship for Ohio 4-H members and/or alumni who have demonstrated excellence in community service and leadership and have been enrolled in the Ohio 4-H programs for a minimum of 3 years with preference given to applicants who are involved in innovative and non-traditional programs and/or programs that emphasize leadership and preference for entering freshmen.
- The J. Lyndon Johnson Scholarship. Provides scholarships for current or former Ohio 4-H or Ohio FFA members with a minimum of 3 years participation and a farming background.
- Charles & Gwyenna Lifer 4-H Scholarship. Provides scholarships for first year students with a major in the area of agriculture or natural resources. Preference given to those from Richland, Knox, and Monroe counties.
- Tiney and Helen McComb Family 4-H Scholarship. Supports current or former 4-H member with at least two years of participation in 4-H, majoring in areas of business, finance, or economics in the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences or in The Max M. Fisher College of Business.
- Pike County R.O. McFerren Scholarship. Used to award scholarships to entering freshmen from Pike County enrolled in majors in the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences at the Columbus campus or the Agricultural Technical Institute in Wooster.
- Carl Meads Memorial 4-H Scholarship. Supports current or former members of Ohio 4-H with at least 5 years participation and have shown cattle for at least 3 years. Preference shall be given to those majoring in Animal Science.
- 4-H Ohio Township Scholarship. Provides scholarships for current or former 4-H members.
- Pike County 4-H Scholarship. Used to award a scholarship in honor of Vancil Brown to 4-H members from Pike County Ohio
- John L. Ryant Memorial 4-H Agriculture Scholarship. Provides scholarships for an incoming freshman preferably from Delaware County, who is a current or former 4-H member and who has demonstrated qualities of leadership.
- Paul A. & Ethel I. Smith 4-H Scholarship. Provides scholarships for students studying a farming or other agriculture-related discipline.
Attend The Ohio State University College of Education and Human Ecology
- Bea Cleveland 4-H Scholarship. Provides scholarships for first year students enrolled in the College of Education and Human Ecology.
- Mabel Sarbaugh 4-H Scholarship. Provides scholarships for first year students in the College of Education and Human Ecology.
- Alga D. "Peg" Weaver 4-H Scholarship. Provides scholarships for first year students in the College of Education and Human Ecology.
Collegiate Level Scholarships
- Cunningham 4-H Leadership Scholarship. Income supports leadership development programs and activities that recognize outstanding leadership among older and/or former 4-H members who are student leaders.
- Arthur F. Bell & William J. Hoewischer Agricultural 4-H Scholarship. Provides scholarships for students from Shelby or Muskingum County, Ohio in good academic standing who have participated in 4-H for at least 5 years. Preference will be given to students who demonstrate involvement in extra-curricular activities.
- Jonard Family Scholarship. Provides support for students from Jefferson, Harrison or Delaware counties in Ohio who participate in 4-H programs.
- John T. Mount 4-H Achievement Award. Provides scholarships for current or former 4-H members.