CFAES Give Today
Academic Programs

College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences


Schedule an Appointment

Academic Advising Appointments

The CFAES Academic Programs Office hosts two College Academic Counselors that assist undergraduate students currently enrolled, or interested in, any of the majors offered by the college -except- for programs offered in the School of Environment and Natural Resources (SENR students: call 614-292-2265).

Students can meet with either Academic Counselor for assistance. Each counselor has areas of specialty:

  • Paul Heimberger: Transfer credit/transfer students, student-athletes, and students in honors programs (Current Students: Schedule with Paul)
  • Ben Carignan: Campus change students, military students (Current Students: Schedule with Ben)

How To Schedule 

Current undergraduate CFAES students may schedule an appoint for an in-person, phone, or Zoom appointment with a College Academic Counselor using OnCourse (Schedule with Ben / Schedule with Paul), by calling (614) 292-6891, or by visiting our CFAES Academic Programs Office: Room 100 of the Agricultural Administration Building, 2120 Fyffe Rd. Individuals who are not currently undergraduate students at Ohio State must call our office to schedule an appointment.

Phone appointments: The Counselor will call you at the scheduled time using the phone number you provided. 

Zoom appointments: You will be emailed a confirmation from OnCourse with a link to the Zoom appointment before it occurs.

In-Person appointments: Arrive at Room 100 of the Agricultural Administration Building, located at 2120 Fyffe Rd, Columbus, a few minutes before your appointment begins.  Please check in at the front desk when you arrive for your appointment.

Should you need to convert an in-person appointment to a Zoom or phone appointment, please contact the Academic Programs office: 614-292-6891. 


Faculty and/or Department Advisors

Faculty and/or Department Advisors schedule their own appointments. Email these advisors or refer to any information about scheduling they have provided.

CFAES Career Advising Appointments 

Schedule a Career Advising appointment via Handshake, or by calling our Academic Programs Office at (614) 292-6891. See more details on how to schedule with a Career Advisor.

Do I Need an Appointment?

These actions do not require an advising appointment:

Students should make appointments for:

  • Course Substitution
  • Declaring a CFAES Major 
  • Declaring a Minor
  • Financial Aid Questions (call or email Dr. Pat Whittington (whittington.6) or 614-247-6236)
  • General Education Requirements
  • Graduation Concerns
  • Probation or Academic Warning
  • Reinstatement Petitioning after Dismissal
  • Returning for a Second Degree
  • Schedule Planning for the Next Term
  • Transfer Credit Evaluation
  • Term Withdrawal
  • Adding/Dropping a Class (after a deadline)