ALL ADVISING APPOINTMENTS ARE CURRENTLY SCHEDULED AS PHONE OR ZOOM APPOINTMENTS
Academic Advising Appointments
The CFAES Academic Programs Office hosts two College Academic Counselors that assist undergraduate students currently enrolled, or interested in, any of the majors offered by the college -except- for programs offered in the School of Environment and Natural Resources (SENR students: call 614-292-2265).
Students can meet with either Academic Counselor for assistance. Each counselor has areas of specialty:
- Paul Heimberger: Transfer credit/transfer students, student-athletes, students in honors programs (Current Students: Schedule with Paul)
- Ben Carignan: Campus change students, military students (Current Students: Schedule with Ben)
How To Schedule an Appointment
Current undergraduate CFAES students may schedule an advising phone or Zoom appointment with a College Academic Counselor using OnCourse (Schedule with Ben / Schedule with Paul) or by calling (614) 292-6891 or (614) 292-1734. Individuals who are not currently undergraduate students at Ohio State must call to schedule an appointment.
Phone appointments: The Counselor will call you at the scheduled time using the phone number you provided.
Zoom appointments: You will be emailed a confirmation from OnCourse with a link to the Zoom appointment before it occurs.
Faculty and/or Department Advisors schedule their own appointments. Email these advisors or refer to any information about scheduling they have provided.
Do I Need an Appointment?
These actions do not require an advising appointment:
- Viewing your Advising Report (Under "Enrollment and Academic History")
- Locating your Curriculum Sheet
- Running your Degree Audit (Under "Enrollment and Academic History")
- Financial Aid Questions. (Call 614-247-6236)
- Financial Holds (Call the Bursar's Office: 614-292-1056; no courses can be scheduled for you with a hold on your account)
- Graduation Application
- Scheduling Permission: Complete a Course Enrollment Form
- Scheduling Registration Window: Check Buckeye Link
Students should make appointments for:
- Course Substitution
- Degree Plan/Projection Creation
- General Education Requirements
- Graduation Concerns
- Major Change/Addition
- Probation or Academic Warning
- Reinstatement Petitioning after Dismissal
- Returning for a Second Degree
- Schedule Planning for the Next Term
- Transfer Credit Evaluation
- Term Withdrawal
- Adding/Dropping a Class (after a deadline)