IMPORTANT UPDATE: ALL ADVISING APPOINTMENTS WILL BE SCHEDULED AS PHONE OR ZOOM APPOINTMENTS
Schedule an Appointment
Students may schedule an advising phone or Zoom appointment with a College Academic Counselor by calling (614) 292-6891 or (614) 292-1734. Indicate the purpose of your appointment, and if you would prefer a phone or Zoom appointment.
Phone appointments: The counselor will call you at the scheduled time using the phone number you provided.
Zoom appointments: You will be emailed a link to the Zoom appointment before it occurs.
Tips for Successful Virtual Appointments
- Test your technology a few minutes before your appointment.
- Plan to hold your appointment in a place that is quiet and as private as possible.
- Have all materials you need for your appointment close by, and log in to any University systems you might need (BuckeyeLink or OSU email).
- Plan to take notes for any follow-up items or next steps you discuss during your appointment.
Do I Need an Appointment?
You would not need an appointment for:
- View your Advising Report (Under "Enrollment and Academic History")
- Locate your Curriculum Sheet
- Run your Degree Audit (Under "Enrollment and Academic History")
- Financial Aid Questions. (Call 614-247-6236)
- Financial Hold? (Call the Bursar's Office: 614-292-1056)
- No courses can be scheduled for you if you have a hold on your account
- Graduation Application
- Scheduling Permission. Complete a Course Enrollment Form
- Scheduling Registration Window. Check Buckeye Link
You NEED an appointment for:
- Course Substitution
- Degree Plan/Projection Creation
- General Education Requirements
- Graduation Concerns
- Major Change/Addition
- Probation or Academic Warning
- Reinstatement Petitioning after Dismissal
- Returning for a Second Degree
- Schedule Planning for the Next Term
- Transfer Credit Evaluation