Declared majors in Food Science, Food Business Management, and Nutrition are considered for scholarship support by the scholarship committee in the department. Applicants must submit the college scholarship application by February 15 to qualify for both college and departmental scholarships. Selections will be completed early spring semester. Applicants should possess a strong interest in food careers and a strong academic achievement record in their college course work.
See the department's website for more information.
110 Parker Food Science and Technology Building, 2015 Fyffe Ct.
(614) 292-8897 or email@example.com
- The Sue and Walt Bailey Endowed Scholarship. Supports at least two scholarships of equal amounts to be awarded annually to an undergraduate student majoring in Food Science and Nutrition and to an undergraduate student majoring in Agricultural Education. Preference shall be given to students from Ross County, Ohio, then those from Ohio, then Arizona, then California. Preference shall be given to students who do not receive federal student aid grants. Qualified applicants will have demonstrated academic achievement and involvement in student organizations.
- Henry and Blanche Abell Endowment Fund. Income provides scholarships in the Department of Food Science and Technology.
- Blackmore Food Science Scholarship. The scholarship supports students enrolled in the College in the Food Science and Technology Department. First preference shall go to a student from Perry High School, Perry, Ohio (Lake County).
- Borden Foods Scholarship in Food Science and Technology. Income provides scholarships for enrolled students in food science with demonstrated leadership and show promise for future success in the food science discipline.
- David H. and Virginia Russ Brown Scholarship. Provides scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students with preference given to students who are majoring in the Department of Food Science and Technology.
- Dr. Howard Dexter Brown Scholarship Fund. Income provides scholarships for undergraduate or graduate students in food science.
- Thomas and Patricia Brundige Food Science and Technology Program Fund. Income supports programs in the department that involve technology advanced by Total Ultimate Foods. Income may also provide scholarships for students in the department, dedicated to the food industry profession, who provide leadership and excel in academics. Awardees must volunteer five hours per week for one quarter to Total Ultimate Foods.
- The Louis H. and Lillian B. Burgwald Memorial Fund. Income funds research and scholarships in the Department of Dairy Technology.
- Wilbur Waite Canaga Memorial Fund. Income provides scholarships for deserving, intelligent students in nutritional sciences with biochemistry interests.
- Culinary Science Scholarship. Provides scholarships to students majoring in culinary science.
- Dayton Milk Foundation Fund. Income is used for scholarships, research and other purposes in food science.
- Food Science & Technology Scholarship Fund. Supports scholarship awards for undergraduate and graduate students in the department.
- Forbes Leadership Award and Scholarship Fund. Income supports the Forbes Leadership Award for a senior in the Department of Food Science and Technology. If no one qualifies, the income may accumulate or be used to support undergraduates or programs.
- The Darwin P. Geringer Memorial Endowed Scholarship Fund. Income is to be used to support at least one scholarship to be awarded annually to an undergraduate student majoring in food science and nutrition with at least sophomore standing.
- Glen Goltz Scholarship Fund. Income provides scholarship support for an incoming freshman food science student with first preference going to a student trying out for or participating in OSU Marching Band. Renewable if above a 3.00 GPA is maintained.
- Wilbur Gould/Ohio Food Processors Scholarship. Annual gift supports an undergraduate student in food science.
- The Eloise B. Harper Scholarship Fund in Food Science and Technology. Supports educational diversity, with particular attention to female students majoring in food science and technology.
- George Harper Memorial Fund. Income provides merit scholarships for academically able food science and nutrition majors in the college.
- Lynn F. Jennings Memorial Scholarship. Income provides scholarship support for students in food science.
- Julie Ann Klein Award in Food Science and Nutrition. Income provides an award to a junior in the Department of Food Science and Technology, based on participation in extracurricular activities as well as scholastic achievement.
- John Franklin Lyman Nutritional Biochemistry and Food Science Scholarship. Income supports need-based scholarships or fellowships for graduates enrolled in the Department of Food Science and Technology who are involved in researching food science or nutritional biochemistry, especially lipids.
- Michael and Marilyn Mangino Food Science Scholarship. Income provides scholarships for undergraduate students in the Department of Food Science and Technology. First preference is given to graduates of Columbus Public Schools.
- The Wilbur V. and Frances L. Moore Memorial Scholarship Fund. Supports undergraduate students in the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences who are majoring in Food Sciences and Technology. Undergraduate students who are selected to receive support from this fund must be in good academic standing and progressing toward their degrees. Recipients shall be selected by the Department of Food Science and Technology's scholarship selection committee.
- Harry C. Moores Dairy Technology Centennial Scholarship. Income provides scholarships for food science students with superior academic potential.
- Northeastern Ohio Dairy Technology Society Scholarship. Income provides scholarships for students in the Department of Food Science and Technology.
- Ohio Agribusiness Association Food Science Scholarship. Scholarship support for students in Food Science.
- Ohio Canners and Food Processors Memorial Fund. Income assists deserving and needy students interested in careers in the canning and food processing industry and/or assists the University's academic program in food technology.
- Ohio Dairy Boosters Association Scholarship. Income provides a scholarship in food science with emphasis on dairy products.
- Ohio Valley Section-Institute of Food Technology Scholarship Fund. Income provides scholarships for food science majors.
- The Raymond and Shirley Reiser / John F. Lyman Fund. Annual income shall be used for scholarships for graduate students in the Department of Food Science and Technology who are involved in research of Dr. Lyman's interest, such as nutrition or nutritional biochemistry, especially of lipids.
- Ross/Abbott Laboratories Undergraduate Minority Endowment Scholarship Program. Income provides scholarships for undergraduate minority students with majors in food science and nutrition.
- Richard Shroyer and Cheryl Evans Leiss Family Fund. Partial income is used to support students whose major study/research focus is human nutrition and food science in the department. Student must have financial need and been a resident of Ohio for 10 years.
- Wayne E. and Mildred K. Smith Endowment Fund. Provides need-based scholarships for students and research in food systems.
- The Judy and Neil Stemley Scholarship Fund. Income supports undergraduate or graduate students majoring in Food Business Management or Food Sciences and Technology at Ohio State with preference given to members of Alpha Gamma Rho fraternity, Ansonia, Ohio High School graduates and St. Henry, Ohio High School graduates.
- Daughters of Ralph J. Stolle Food Science and Technology Support Fund. Income supports student education in the Department of Food Science and Technology in the areas including, but not limited to, student scholarships, research and teaching equipment, and reference materials.
- Robert B. Stoltz Dairy Technology Fund. Income provides a prize to the outstanding student in the Department of Food Science and Technology.
- Robert B. Stoltz Memorial Fund. Income provides fellowships for graduate students in the Department of Food Science and Technology or scholarships for undergraduates in the department if there are no qualified graduate students.
- The Velvet Ice Cream & Dager Family Scholarship in Food Science & Technology. Supports an annual scholarship for one student entering the Department of Food Science & Technology in the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences as a freshman. Qualified applicants must have at least a 3.0 GPA. Financial need may be considered in making this award.
- Donald E. Yingst Scholarship. Income supports undergraduate students in food science desiring to work in the food industry in the U.S. after graduation.