Scholarships are available from several sources on campus, including the university, individual colleges and departments. Declared majors in the department must submit the college scholarship application by February 15 to qualify for both the college and departmental scholarships. Applicants can expect award decisions to be made during spring quarter.
Note: Students interested in engineering specializations within the Department of Food, Agricultural and Biological Engineering are also eligible, and are strongly encouraged, to apply for additional scholarship assistance from Ohio State's College of Engineering via its website.
209 Agricultural Engineering Building
- Ag Engineering Support Fund. Provides scholarships within FABE at the descretion of the department chair.
- Alpha Gamma Sigma Foundation Cecil Robinson Scholarship. Annual gift supports an undergraduate student in the department with preference given to an Alpha Gamma Sigma member with above average academic record with demonstrated leadership.
- Bob and Barbara Alpers Scholarship. Income provides scholarships for students majoring in FABE.
- R. D. Barden Scholarship Award in Food, Agricultural and Biological Engineering. Income provides scholarships for undergraduates in all specializations in the department.
- Bilik-Walden Scholarship. Provides scholarships for undergraduates majoring in construction systems management.
- Joseph D. Blickle Educational Development Fund. Income provides scholarship support in addition to other uses for undergraduate food, agricultural and biological engineering students.
- Alan Clay Bondurant Memorial Fund. Income supports scholarships, travel or awards relating to international food, agricultural and biological engineering.
- Richard T. and Iola Keller Brown Scholarship Fund. Annual income provides scholarships to human ecology and agricultural engineering uper-class majors who demonstrate academic promise, leadership among peers and service to the university.
- Delbert "Bud" Byg Scholarship. Income provides study abroad scholarships.
- The Robert J. and Yvonne E. Gustafson Scholarship Fund. Income shall be used to support one or more scholarships for undergraduate engineering students in food, agricultural and biological engineering.
- Samuel G. Huber Undergraduate Teaching Assistant Award. Income provides awards to undergraduates to encourage graduate work for the purpose of teaching food, agricultural and biological engineering.
- Frederick Ives Chair's Scholarship Fund. Income provides undergraduate scholarships for students, selected by the Department chairperson or the chairperson's designee, who are majoring in programs of the Department of Food, Agricultural, and Biological Engineering in the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences or the College of Engineering. Selection will be made in consultation with UCSFA. Criteria for selection should include service to the department and/or student and professional organizations.
- Frank Irons Food, Agricultural and Biological Engineering Scholarship. Income provides scholarships for worthy students in food, agricultural and biological engineering.
- Dolores A. Joehlin Memorial Scholarship. Used to support undergraduate study abroad scholarships for students. Preference given to students enrolled in the professional engineering curriculum.
- Homer W. Joehlin Memorial Scholarship. Annual distribution used to support undergraduate scholarship for students pursuing a degree in Food, Agricultural and Biological Engineering. Awarded to graduates of Ohio schools, selection based on financial need, ability, and demonstrated interest in food and agriculture.
- Kahler Power Equipment Scholarship. Scholarship shall be awarded to undergraduates with priority for student interested in a career in power equipment.
- The Carl Kipp Jr. Paygro/Garick Endowed Scholarship Fund. Annual income shall be used to provide scholarships for junior or senior students who are enrolled the Department of Food, Agricultural, and Biological Engineering, with priority based on concentration of study in Bioevironmental, Soil and Water, Ecological or Biological Engineering. Preference shall be given to students willing to intern at Paygro or Garick. Students shall have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and take a course that includes business or economics related fundamentals.
- Lamp Fund in Food, Agricultural and Biological Engineering. Income provides scholarships for qualified and deserving Ohio high school students desiring to study engineering as applied to agriculture, with priority to undergraduates from rural areas who are interested in machinery systems.
- Glenn W. McCuen Scholarship. Income provides scholarships or other awards in food, agricultural or biological engineering.
- George and Betty Merva Scholarship Endowment. Income provides a scholarship in the department for an undergraduate student, preferably from Guernsey County or, secondly, from Southeastern Ohio , based on scholastic merit and leadership.
- R. C. Miller Student Award Fund. Income provides an award for a senior in the department.
- OABA Ag Systems Management Scholarship. Supports sophomore, junior, or senior students in Ag Systems Management.
- Cecil and Eloise Robinson Food, Agricultural and Biological Engineering Endowment Fund. Income is used for program support and scholarships in the department.
- Paul H. Rofkar Scholarship Endowment. Income provides merit scholarships for food, agricultural and biological engineering students with at least a 3.5 GPA, demonstrated leadership, and career interests in agricultural engineering.
- Ross/Abbott Laboratories Undergraduate Minority Endowment Scholarship Program. Income provides scholarships for undergraduate minority students in the department with preference to students majoring in food engineering.
- Alice Lucile Russel Scholarship Fund. Income provides undergraduate scholarships in agricultural education and food, agricultural and biological engineering, with preference to students from Belmont or Champaign counties.
- Glenn O. and Lois S. Schwab Scholarship Fund. Income provides a scholarship to a senior student majoring in food, agricultural and biological engineering who has a minimum GPA of 3.3 and receives the highest grade in the design course in soil and water conservation engineering.
- Ted and Karen Short Intern Scholarship in Food, Agricultural, and Biological Engineering. Provides incentives and financial support to undergraduate engineering students seeking summer internships. Preference is to students doing their initial summer internship with Wooster OARDC department faculty. Second preference is to students doing summer internships with machinery systems design engineers in food, agricultural, and biosystems industries.
- FABE Study Abroad Scholarship. Scholarship support for students in FABE interested in study abroad.
- United Equipment Dealers-Food, Agricultural and Biological Engineering Scholarship. Annual gift provides scholarship support to several undergraduate students in the department with an interest in farm power machinery and equipment.