- CFAES Academic Affairs processes academic forms and requests primarily for undergraduate students currently or seeking to major in the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences. The forms and processes on this page are intended for this audience. Students with majors in the School of Environment and Natural Resources can get assistance here. Graduate students should seek assistance from their Graduate Studies Coordinator or the Graduate School.
- Academic deadlines will be followed. Visit the University Registrar’s important dates calendar for up-to-date deadlines.
- All permissions required by a form/petition action are required at the time of submission. Consult the instructions on any forms for required signatures or supplementary information.
- All information must be provided completely and accurately. Requests or forms submitted with missing information/missing permissions will not be processed. If you are unable to access/download or print a completed form, please follow the guidelines for electronic submission.
- Electronic Submission remains the preferred method of submission. Students may submit completed paper forms to the front desk of the Academic Programs Office (Room 100 Agricultural Administration Bldg). Normal business hours are Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm. Reserve use of the secure dropbox for after-hours submission only; submissions to the secure dropbox are considered to have been received no earlier than the next business day, so plan any submissions with associated deadlines accordingly.
- If you are unclear on what steps are needed, we’re here to help. Connect with your advisor or call Academic Affairs at (614) 292-1734.
- All requests and approvals submitted electronically must be sent via OSU e-mail accounts. We will not accept any requests from other email services and will only respond to an OSU email address (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) to protect your academic information.
- To the extent possible, use Reply All when obtaining permissions via email. This will keep all information about your request in one email chain that can be forwarded for processing.
- All permissions required by a form/petition action are required at the time of submission. Permissions may be obtained from instructors and/or advisors via email; but must be included at the time of your submission via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once all information is gathered, submit materials to email@example.com for processing. If there is an issue with your form or information, you will be contacted. Your request will be confirmed via email to your OSU email address once processed.
Common Actions & Forms
Withdrawal Petition Form Guidance
- To withdraw from some or all courses for the term in which you experienced/are experiencing circumstances outside your control that caused your academic performance to suffer, please review the Post 10th Friday Course Withdrawal Petition Form Guidance. If you feel your situation qualifies or if you would like to discuss it further, please schedule an appointment with Ben Carignan or Paul Heimberger (614-292-1734 or 614-292-6891, CFAES-Academics@osu.edu), who can assist you with the completion of the form and submission of required documentation. Your Academic Advisor is also a great resource for discussions about your situation, and can obtain the required form from the Academic Affairs office.
CFAES Student Forms