Get advice on recruiting CFAES students and alumni
- Identify the type of student you’d like to target (undergraduate, graduate, alumni, specific majors, experience levels, etc.).
- Discuss how to target and promote your opportunity to the appropriate students or alumni.
- Schedule interview dates and reserve interview space.
- Identify methods to build your employer brand, meet potential candidates, and promote your opportunities through on-campus information sessions, career fairs, workshops, club meetings, classroom presentations, and networking events.
- Periodically evaluate your recruiting strategy to ensure long-term success.
Post a job or internship in Handshake
- Either login to Handshake or Create a Handshake Account. (www.joinhandshake.com/employers)
- After logging in, place cursor on Job Postings in the tool bar at the top of the page and then select New Job.
- Enter the job information and application instructions.
Tips for posting a job or internship
- The more information you can provide about the location, wage, and duties of the position, the better.
- Take time to choose criteria you want the applicants to meet—degree, majors, GPA, graduation date range, citizenship status.
- Provide application instructions on how you want candidates to contact you to apply.
Schedule on-campus interviews
- Create an account or login to Handshake.
- Go to the menu bar at the top of the page and select Schedules/Jobs for On Campus Interviews.
- This is where you enter your schedule information and attach the job description. Once the information is submitted, we will activate the interview schedule.
Search for resumes
- Either login to Handshake or Create a Handshake Account.
- Click on Resume Books. (Only available to employers granted to view resumes)
- Select a pre-designed resume book.
- Select search criteria through "more filters" or "advanced resume search".
- Click on Search button.
How to register with Handshake
- Follow the link to the right for Handshake.
- Click on the link for Recruiter Login for Handshake.
- Click on the “Click Here to Register with Handshake.”
- Your access will be approved within two business days; you will receive an e-mail message notifying you of your access.
How to register for a career fair
- Register with Handshake if you haven’t already done so.
- Login to Handshake.
- Place your cursor on the “Career Expos” tab at the top.
- Click search to view the list of active events for employers.
- Find the event in the list and click on the “Register” link to the right of the event.
- Fill out the form.