CFAES has a mental health counselor embedded in our college to work primarily with our students: David L. Wirt, M.Ed., LPCC-S. David is a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor with OSU’s Counseling and Consultation Services who spends the majority of his time housed in 100Y Ag. Admin. working directly with CFAES students on the Columbus campus. David comes to us with over 24 years’ experience working with mental health concerns. He has had a very diverse background of work settings and clientele. David joined The Ohio State University as a mental health counselor on the Ohio State Newark campus in 2011 before coming to the Columbus campus and CFAES in 2019.
If you are a student who would like to meet with David, please go to https://ccs.osu.edu and click on “schedule a phone screening.” This will enable David, or one of his colleagues, to contact you to discuss needs, and to schedule for sessions when needed. You can also call 614-292-5766 to start this process. Students should mention they are a CFAES student if they call to be routed to David.
David Wirt, M.Ed., LPCC-S
Special notice from Dave - Please review the important information below from The OSU Counseling and Consultation Service:
Counseling and Consultation Service is open (that includes embedded counseling services as CFAES)
March 10, 2020
While our university acts to keep our community safe in response to COVID-19, Student Life’s Counseling and Consultation Service (CCS) is open and we are here to support the campus community. CCS acknowledges the impact on Ohio State students related to Coronavirus and recognizes that it is typical to experience anxiety, worry, or fear.
If you are in distress, please know we are here to help. Students may contact CCS at any time by calling 614-292-5766. If calling after hours, press 2 to be connected to a counselor. You can also visit our website at https://ccs.osu.edu/.
For current clients:
- If you are on campus, you can keep your scheduled appointment.
- If you are not returning to the Columbus area, please contact your clinician to inform them.
- If you are not feeling well, please call to reschedule your appointment at 614-292-5766. If you need to speak with a counselor urgently or need other resources, let us know during the call.
For faculty and staff:
- We appreciate your ability to be supportive of students.
- Should you need to consult with a CCS clinician regarding supporting a student(s), please call and request a call back at 614-292-5766.
For additional resources, please see these links:
Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org