The following are awards organized by the CFAES Undergraduate Student Council. If you have any questions, please send an email to the CFAES Undergraduate Student Council at CFAES-SC@osu.edu.
Nominations for 2024 are open! Due February 1, 2024
1. Jill A. Pfister Outstanding First-Year Student award
This award recognizes two first-year students (freshman or transfer) who have shown outstanding leadership within a club or organization.
2. CFAES Internship Award
This award recognizes students who have excelled at internships within their respective fields. One award will be granted in each department and the School of Environment and Natural Resources. One award will be granted in each division at OSU ATI.
3. Outstanding Undergraduate Employee Award
This award is designed to honor undergraduate students who have contributed to the mission of the College, OARDC, or OSU Extension by providing high quality service through paid work experiences. Maximum of two awards are given each year.
*Students can apply on their own behalf or be nominated by a faculty/staff/student.*
1. Meritorious Service to students award
Recipients are individuals outside the University who contribute significant time and energy in support of our students and our academic departments. Recipient History
2. Outstanding Service to Students Award
This award recognizes faculty and staff in the college that provide guidance and mentoring to our students and student organizations. Recipient History
No self nominations will be accepted.
Outstanding Student Organization and Student Organization Excellence Awards
This series of awards is available to student organizations in the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences, the School of Environment and Natural Resources, and the Agricultural Technical Institute that have made extraordinary contributions to campus life in the College, the University, the surrounding community, or their profession. In addition to the Student Organization of the Year Award, a student organization will be selected in each of the following categories for a Student Organization Excellence Award:
- Leadership/Professional Development- Presented to a student organization that actively promotes individual leadership skills and/or campus development among its members, the campus, and/or the community, by sponsoring lectures or guest speakers, organizing retreats and workshops, or other leadership-related activities
- Community Engagement- Presented to a student organization that demonstrates the importance of serving the broader campus or external commuity through hands-on service activites, philanthropic or fundraising events, or other community-related pursuits
- Collaboration- Presented to a student organization that partnered with one or more student organizations or groups to develop a program, event, or initiative to benefit the campus or community. This can be a single or ongoing program, event, or initiative.
- Active Citizenship- Presented to a student organization that has demonstrated, through activities, a commitment to diversity and inclusion, advocacy and education, political involvement, socially responsible behavior, activism, participation in state, national, or global associations, etc
- Supporting the Mission of CFAES- Presented to a student organization that has supported, through activities, one or more of the goals of the CFAES Vision Statement
- Outstanding New Activity Award- The purpose of this award shall be to stimulate and recognize new and innovative activites performed by the student organizations of the College that (a) promote the field of food, agricultural, or environmental sciences, (b) benefit the organization, its members, students, and staff of the College, and (c) that accomplishes worthwhile goals of the organization
- Student Organization of the Year- Complete at least 3 of the above awards applications.
- Eligibility Requirements- to be eligible for these awards, the student organization must be:
- Affiliated with CFAES Columbus or CFAES Wooster (ATI)
- Registered with Ohio State's Office of Student Life
- Attend CFAES Student Council general body meetings and actively participate