CFAES Give Today
Academic Programs

College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences


Schedule an Appointment


Academic Advising Appointments

The CFAES Academic Programs Office hosts two College Academic Counselors that assist undergraduate students currently enrolled, or interested in, any of the majors offered by the college -except- for programs offered in the School of Environment and Natural Resources (SENR students: call 614-292-2265).

Students can meet with either Academic Counselor for assistance. Each counselor has areas of specialty:

  • Paul Heimberger: Transfer credit/transfer students, student-athletes, students in honors programs (Current Students: Schedule with Paul)
  • Ben Carignan: Campus change students, military students (Current Students: Schedule with Ben)


How To Schedule an Academic Advising Appointment 

Current undergraduate CFAES students may schedule an advising in-person, phone or Zoom appointment with a College Academic Counselor using OnCourse (Schedule with Ben / Schedule with Paul), by calling (614) 292-1734 or (614) 292-6891, or by visiting our CFAES Academic Programs Office (Room 100 of the Agricultural Administration Building, 2120 Fyffe Rd.). Individuals who are not currently undergraduate students at Ohio State must call to schedule an appointment.

Phone appointments: The Counselor will call you at the scheduled time using the phone number you provided. 

Zoom appointments: You will be emailed a confirmation from OnCourse with a link to the Zoom appointment before it occurs.

In-Person appointments: These appointments are only happening Mondays through Thursdays. Schedule an in-person appointment with Paul Heimberger on Mondays and Wednesdays; Schedule an in-person appointment with Ben Carignan on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Please check in at the front desk when you arrive for your appointment.

*Should you need to convert an in-person appointment to a Zoom or phone appointment (due to Covid-19 symptoms or exposure), please contact the Academic Programs office: 614-292-1734 or 614-292-6891. 

*If you are scheduling an appointment via OnCourse, please provide the purpose for the appointment in the comments! 


Faculty and/or Department Advisors

Faculty and/or Department Advisors schedule their own appointments. Email these advisors or refer to any information about scheduling they have provided.


CFAES Career Advising Appointments 

Schedule an Career Advising appointment via Handshake, or by calling our Academic Programs Office at (614) 292-1734 or (614) 292-6891. See more details on how to schedule with a Career Advisor.


Do I Need an Appointment?

These actions do not require an advising appointment:

Students should make appointments for:

  • Course Substitution
  • Degree Plan/Projection Creation
  • General Education Requirements
  • Graduation Concerns
  • Major Change/Addition
  • Probation or Academic Warning
  • Reinstatement Petitioning after Dismissal
  • Returning for a Second Degree
  • Schedule Planning for the Next Term
  • Transfer Credit Evaluation
  • Term Withdrawal
  • Adding/Dropping a Class (after a deadline)