Agricultural Administration Building Auditorium
Due to policies and procedures in addressing the COVID-19 outbreak, reservation requests will not be accepted or processed through July 6, 2020.
As of May 1, 2018, the Office for Teaching, Learning, and Assessment has been assigned the responsibility for receiving and processing reservation requests for the Agricultural Administration Building Auditorium (AA0043).
Who may request to reserve the space
The Auditorium is available for the support of teaching, research, and extension programs of units/organizations administered through the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences (CFAES). Any currently employed CFAES faculty or staff member may request to reserve the Auditorium. A student representative for the Group may complete and submit the online reservation request form, providing they complete all required information on the form including the Reservation Contact who is the group's event advisor/coordinator/sponsor. This individual must be a currently employed CFAES faculty or staff member. As the designated Reservation Contact for the event, all future communications regarding the reservation will be sent to them. There is no cost for associated CFAES groups to use the Auditorium space for its intended support purpose, but the space is not available for use by external groups.
The Space: Auditorium and Kitchen
- 25 rectangular tables (2-1/2' x 5')
- 30 round tables (72" diameter)
- approximately 250 padded chairs
- 5 wall partitions
- a desktop podium
- a standard speaker’s podium
- Microphone (attached to speaker's podium)
- Two sinks
Heating and cooling is automatically controlled by Facilities Operations and Development.
Time-Blocks for Scheduling Events
The Group may hold their event with a start and end time of their choosing, between 6:00 AM to 11:00 PM. The Group must vacate the building no later than 11:00 PM. Exceptions to this policy may be made only with prior approval from the College. Groups are to have included the required setup and teardown time within the total time-block they requested for their event reservation. No Group may schedule the Auditorium more than four (4) times per month.
Set Up and Decorations
Set-up is to be completed during the total time-block requested within event reservation. No banquet crews, janitorial services, or cleaning supplies are provided. The Group must provide their own labor and supplies for set up.
Only the movable partition panels are to be used for posting materials. Do not use tape, tacks, staples, or nails on any walls, woodwork, screens or tables.
Clean-up is to be completed during the total time-block requested within event reservation. No banquet crews, janitorial services, or cleaning supplies are provided. The Group must provide their own labor and supplies to clean up/tear down. If the Group fails to clean and organize the Auditorium and Kitchen properly, the College has the right to charge the Group $100 and/or deny future reservation requests for up to 12 months. Clean up and organization will be monitored by our team.
Food, Alcohol and Tobacco
Food and non-alcoholic beverages are permitted to be served in the Auditorium. No alcohol will be permitted at any time. If it is discovered that alcohol was served, the Group will lose its privilege to schedule the Auditorium for future events. The use of all types of tobacco products (smoke and smokeless) are prohibited in all university buildings and on all university-owned properties, including parking lots, garages, and all outside areas.
Dangerous Weapons or Devices
Storage or possession of dangerous weapons, devices, or substances including, but not limited to, firearms, ammunition, or fireworks, unless authorized by the appropriate university officials or permitted by a university policy, even if otherwise permitted by Ohio or Federal law is prohibited while using the Auditorium.
Pay-and-Display spaces are available within the Agricultural Administration Building parking lot. Parking permits may be purchased from the Pay-and-Display machine. Otherwise, a current CampusParc parking permit is required. CampusParc’s phone number is 614-688-0000.
The College is not responsible for lost or stolen items; valuables should not be left in the Auditorium.
Reserving and using the auditorium - Step by step
- Complete the online form by clicking the red "Reserve the Agricultural Administration Building Auditorium" button below.
- Our team receives the reservation request, and will check the Auditorium's availability for the requested date(s) and time(s).
- If the Auditorium is available, our team will enter a hold in the system for the date(s) and time(s) requested.
- Our team will contact the Reservation Contact via email and will provide the Reservation Agreement for review.
- Next, the Reservation Contact will receive the Agreement Acknowledgement Form via Docusign to complete and sign.
- The Agreement Acknowledgement Form must be completed and returned within five (5) business days, otherwise, the place holder for the event will be removed.
- Upon receipt of the completed and signed Agreement Acknowledgement Form, our team will finalize the reservation in the system.
- Our team will send the Reservation Contact an official confirmation.
- The Reservation Contact may pick up the Reservation Packet (with the Auditorium key) up to two (2) business days prior to the event in Room 100 in the Agricultural Administration Building.
- Event takes place.
- The Reservation Packet must be returned immediately following the conclusion of the event in the drop box in the Auditorium Kitchen OR to Room 100 in the Agricultural Administration Building within two (2) business days following the event, between 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
If you have further questions regarding this process, please email CFAES_SpaceRequest@osu.edu and a member of our team will assist you.